I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Friday, November 11, 2011

Review : Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins


Tittle         : Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)
Author      : Suzanne Collins
Publication date  : August 24th 2010 by Scholastic Press

I finally finished The Hunger Games trilogy, phew! What a relieve! I kept telling myself that this is going to be a great series so I put my full concentration for it. The story of Katniss, Peeta and Gale are continued. They plan on bringing down the tyrant President Snow and put and end on his tyrant power.

This is one of the series the getting weaker and weaker as the next book comes. Since The Hunger Games  is such an impressive story, don't blame me because I have a great expectation for the next books. I somehow believed that Katniss was going to be kick-ass heroine and that she wouldn't let anyone tell her what to do.

But I was wrong, completely wrong!

Katniss is like a puppet who was taken for granted by other characters in Mockingjay. Her character didn't develop well, and I couldn't understand what she really wanted. She didn't give great ideas on reformation or something, she was just trapped between two guys. I expect her to a brave and strong heroine, but all I get was disappointment. To me, Katniss is a coward who did nothing but posing with her mockingjay outfit. All she did in the whole trilogy was staying out of trouble.

Another thing I don't like about Mockingjay is too many characters die for nothing (including my favorites, ouch!). You know, when you kill a character especially the strong one, at least make it for something that benefit the whole story. In this case, they died just for the sake of adding horror and blood into the story, that's all. What's the point of that, really! As for the ending, I don't know what else to say besides I don't like it.

All in all, I'm disappointed. I don't know if it's because my expectation is too big, but I believe that Suzanne Collins is one of the greatest author out there. I am 100% sure she can do better than this, well, she did a great job in The Hunger Games, right?

I have a mixed feeling about The Hunger Games Trilogy. I love the first book, no matter what. It made me decide to read the whole series. One lesson learned though not to lay on so much hope on anything this includes reading a book!

2 for Mockingjay and 3 for The Hunger Games Trilogy 

Click on the link below for my reviews of the previous books: 


What about you? did you like this series?



2 comments:

  1. I agree. I am struck with grief over this series. For real, I feel so let down, so disappointed.
    Not just by katniss, but by the ending, the unnecessary deaths. They way things weren't really wrapped up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, anonymous! It feels like the book was written in hurry. The first book is great and I had a big expectation for the sequels. Too bad it ended up to be disappointing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...