I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review : The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzzane Collins


Tittle         : The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)
Author      : Suzzane Collins
Publication date : December 14th 2009 by Scholastic Inc.

Okay, before you say "are you living under the rocks?", let me explain that I didn't know about this book at all. Not until a few weeks ago! I know, I know, this book has gained numerous of fans (they even are filming it, right?), but to tell you the truth, I cannot see the hype here in my country. Yes, unless they are English book lovers, I doubt the bookworms here even talk about this book. Quite a pity!

I didn't know this book is famous until I started digging on Goodreads, my favorite site to look for book recommendation. I saw that The Hunger Games get lots of positive reviews (which I almost couldn't believe, how on earth did I miss this book!). So decided to read it.


The Hunger Games, the first book of the trilogy is a story about a young girl named Katniss Everdeen (I really like this name, it sounds very futuristic) and her fellow from the same district are thrown into a brutal kill or be killed game. They have to kill each other and it's broadcasted throughout the entire nation. Yes, they use the brutal event as an entertainment, which for me it's kind of disturbing.

The story itself runs fast, with some witty humor here and there that makes the book hard to put down. I finished it within three days which is (to me) quite fast because I don't have the luxury to sit and relax with a book on my hand often. This book makes me laugh and cry, it also gives me fast heartbeat and shivers. The author is a superb writer and I admire how she describe things and pull the readers' emotion at the same time.

When I say she's great in describing things, I mean really great that some brutal scene is clearly explained. For those of you who doesn't like blood, puss or brutal confrontation, this book may be too scary for you. The Hunger Games is a survival story, after all and the world survival is always connected with a "disaster". I don't like horror stories, I read or watch movies for entertainment, not to scare myself to death, but I don't find this book scary. To tell you the truth, I am in love with The Hunger Games and I can't wait to read the next books.

As for the ratings, I gave it 5

Have you read The Hunger Games by Suzzane Collins? Did you enjoy it as much as I did? Feel free to leave comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...