I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Review : As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott


Tittle : As I wake
Author : Elizabeth Scott
Publication date : September 15th 2011 by Dutton Juvenile

I cannot  stress this enough. NOTHING HAPPENED IN THIS BOOK! Seriously, this is thin book, only 269 pages long, this should be a simple story, but still I cannot understand the plot, at all!
  
As I Wake is full of line breaks. It felt as if I am reading a poetry. It suppose to be a story of a girl who was trapped in another world. She was presumed to suffer from amnesia, however things came back to her memory little by little and she started remembering random things. As the story goes, she had issue on whom she should lay her trust on. There are many repetitive words and ineffective sentences in the other hand, very less description. The only thing that was described for thousands times in the how cold the grass was when it touched Ava's feet! Oh,  I also found oxymoron  which make the story even more confusing.
"The same, but different."
I wonder what on Earth Ava, the main character was trying to say? The whole plot is strange and confusing. Ava was also robotic to me, she has no personality, her dialogue was incredibly short and I couldn't get the meaning of her narration. I kept on turning the pages to find the point of this story, but I found none. The book just goes on and on without knowing what it wants. As I Wake is indeed a novel without a story. Enough said! The only good thing about this book is the cover, really. 

As for the rating, it deserves to be the lucky number

Have you read this book? Did you enjoy it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...