I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Review : Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2) By Suzanne Collins



Tittle     : Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)
Author  : Suzanne Collins
Publication date  : September 1st 2009 by Scholastic, Inc.
Audience  : Young adult

Click here for the review of the first book of this series.

Okay, first thing first. I tried so hard to be crazy about this book, but I just couldn't. Catching Fire is definitely not as good as its prequel, however I personally always find this problem when reading a trilogy. Let's say the first book rocks, so does the third book which ends everything, to me, the second book is simply a filler. This applies to this series, but since I've read trilogies, I wasn't really disappointed.

Catching Fire continues the adventure of Katniss and Peeta. It starts a bit slow but since there is a big cliff hanger at the end of the first book, I continued reading it. The story grows to be more political and there are some unpredictable scenes too, which is good.

Suzanne Collins again did a great job in Catching Fire . This book makes me want to grab a huge machine gun and join the rebellion with Katniss and Peeta. She picked the right words to terror the readers and to enrage them at the same time (now does that make sense? LOL).

I'll keep this short because I don't want to spoil the story. I believe the best thing to judge a book is by reading it YOURSELF!

As for the rating, even though this isn't as good as The Hunger Games, I still give it the big  4

Have you finished reading this trilogy?
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...