I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Review : The Sea of Trolls (The Sea of Trolls #1) by Nancy Farmer

Tittle : The Sea of Trolls (The Sea of Trolls #1)
Author : Nancy Farmer
Publication date: May 23rd 2006 by Simon Pulse

Now, what's the first thing comes to your mind when I say the word "troll" ? My own honest answer would be a lunatic who loves to flame the internet world. A troll loves attention and simply makes everyone his/her enemies. He/she should get a life, right?

Not in case with this book. The Sea of Trolls is a book about reals trolls. Yes, the ones in the Norse mythology and in this story, the author decided to give it a little mix and match with English history. Sounds like a lot of fun, isn't it?

I wasn't impressed when I read the first pages of this book but deep down I was naive enough to believe that every book first pages have to be strong, or else the publishers wouldn't bother to release it (laugh out loud). So instead of putting it down, I kept on reading and telling myself that it was just me.

And I was right, it was just me!

I made the right decision by keep on reading and I ended up being really impressed. The Sea of Trolls is indeed something. It was fast paced and heart touching story! I am a fan of Norse mythology and it makes me love this book even more. I felt scared, happy, surprised and everything, it just brought out my emotions, the thing that I did not expect when reading a young adult fiction (this taught me not to judge a book by its genre!). To sum it up, this book is a mixture of of humor, history, mythology, and adventure, a real hot combo!

The Sea of Trolls is definitely a must read, whatever your favorite genres are! As for the rating, of course I'll give it the great high 5!

Are a fan of Norse mythology too? 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...