I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Friday, December 2, 2011

Review : The Land Of Silver Apples (The Sea of Trolls #2) by Nancy Farmer


Tittle    : The Land of Silver Apples (The Sea of Troll #2)
Author  : Nancy Farmer
Publication date :  August 21st 2007 by Atheneum/Richard Jackson Books

The Land of the Silver Apples is the second book of the Sea of Trolls trilogy. I fell in love with the first book (you can read the review here). It is one of my favorite books of all time and it did leave an unforgettable impression in my heart.

Jack, along with his friends Thorgil the shield maiden and Pega, the former slave once again went on an adventure. They were on mission to save Jack's sister, Lucy who was kidnapped by by The Lady of The Lake. Jack is now 13 years old and his skill has improved. The Land of the Silver Apples is indeed a great sequel for the series.


I tried so hard not to let myself having a big expectation on any series anymore because I've been disappointed so many times. However, this book really lives up to my expectation and it's not just a "filler". There are many twists which are enough to say that The Land of the Silver Apples really does have an interesting plot.

I love the characters, especially Thorgil. She's brave (yes, she cursed a lot), and she's just a cool heroine who is easy to love. However, there is something odd in the story's dialogue. One of the characters an elf, mentioned pneumonia and I've never knew that such term is popular among them! I find it a little strange because as far as I know (please correct me if I am wrong),  pneumonia is modern medical term.

The Land of the Silver Apples still gets a high 5 from me. I think the series is so easy to adore.

What about you, have you read this?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...