I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Review : Pure Red by Danielle Joseph


Tittle  : Pure Red
Author : Danielle Joseph
Publication date  : September 8th 2011 by Flux

Okay, let me get straight to the point! I never thought that I would love Pure Red . My first impression for this book was a typical soapy teenager romance story. However, since I was looking for an easy and quick read, I decided to give it ago. I certainly hoped that it would remind me some kind of teen feeling because, man, I miss those years! *giggles*

Pure Red is a story about a sixteen year old  girl named Cassia Bernard (I like her name, really) who fights so hard to find her passion. She also deals with common teenage issues in her life such as bullying (relax, nothing extreme though), lack of self esteem etc. I totally can relate to her and I understand point of view. Her dad is an artist, a painter to be exact and he has a student named Graham whom Cassia is crazy about.

During the first pages, I wasn't really impressed. I liked it, but I don't think there's anything special about Pure Red . But I am glad that I was wrong. It is a "different" book. It is not soapy or overly dramatic in fact, everything is in the right amount.

I have to say that I really like Pure Red . I don't know much about art, let alone painting, but the story tells me a bit about it. This book is indeed a very enjoyable read and it gets 4 from me.

Now, what do you think of Pure Red ?



2 comments:

  1. Great review! I think I still want to read this book since I've been looking forward to reading it soon. Thank you for sharing! A 4 isn't that bad, right? I like the cover!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is actually a nice read. I never think I would like it because the day I picked this book, I was only looking for an easy read. Well, it turned out to be an easy, but valuable read :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...