I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Review : Between The Sea and Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore


Tittle     : Between The Sea and Sky
Author  : Jaclyn Dolamore
Publication date : October 25th 2011 by Bloomsbury USA

I fell in love with Between The Sea and Sky's cover the first time I saw it. It looks so gracious and eye catching. Now the question is, is the story as beautiful as the cover?

Not quite. The only good thing about this book is the cover!

Between The Sea and Sky is a story about a mermaid girl, Esmerine who has just been promoted as a siren (I actually don't know what makes them different). Her sister is also a siren but one day she is gone missing. Esmerine then do her best to find her, even though it means a long travel to an unknown world

To be honest, I tried so hard to like this book (even just a bit) but I just couldn't. I found so many problems in  Between The Sea and Sky. The most disturbing one is the book has very less description about underwater life. It's a whole different world with our own and of course we need to know something about it. Instead, all I could find in this book is mermaids who acts like human. They eat almonds, nuts, salads, they even cook their meals (yes underwater). It doesn't make sense, if you ask me.

I also found that there are too many scenes goes went they eat, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's somewhat repetitive and to me it looks like all they care to do is to eat. There are no twist and turn in this book where in fact, it's definitely something that an interesting story must have. Everything just goes flat and boring.

Having said that, I personally don't find Between The Sea and Sky to be an enjoyable read. It doesn't leave any memorable impression to me at all. Too bad, because I believe that it actually has a good potential to be a wonderful and fascinating story, if it's well developed.

Lucky number 1 rating from me.

Did you enjoy this book?



Check out other posts on this book :
Teaser Tuesday #1 : Between The Sea and Sky
Cover Crazy #2 : Between The Sea and Sky

2 comments:

  1. cuman dapet 1 bintang, Mbak? apa mungkin karena terlalu banyak kisah makannya? hehehh :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...