I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Favorite Books I Read in 2016

So, the year 2016 was a unfortunate when it comes to blogging. However, I managed to read more books compared to the previous year, so yay! This is not something worth bragging about, I know, since many bookworms out there even tackle hundreds of books a year. It's a skill I am very envious of. I finished 35 books last year, the very number I input on Goodreads. I usually only able to finished more or less 25 books. The audio books helps, and I am glad I discovered them. Don't ask me why it never crossed my mind to try them in the past, because I don't have the answer but my own silliness.

Out of those 35, two were DNFs. I just could not continue because they were so not my taste. Below are my top 3 favorite. Please do let me know in the comment section your version of 2016 top books!


A Memory of Violets by Hazel Gaynor (Review)
This is my #1 favorite a.k.a the best book I read in 2016. It is the kind of books that I called "toys with your emotion" and it successfully made me cry like like it's the end of the world.

The Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
No explanation needed as I am Chevalier's #1 fangirl. I love how she insert fiction into real historical figures and event and make it believable. If you haven't read any of her works, I strongly recommend you to start reading her works and be amazed by her tales.

The Girl who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen (Review)
I am also a fangirl of this author. She has this tendency to write about people who live in a small town where some of the citizens has this subtle magical abilities. Her works are magical realism at its finest. Perfect for people like me who are too old for popcorn fantasy books where the characters who teens whose responsibility is to save the dying world. Meh.

* * * * * 

So, why not tell us your favorite! Oh, and how many books you are planning to read in 2017?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...