I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Friday, November 18, 2011

Review : Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella


Tittle     : Confessions of A Shopaholic
Author  : Sophie Kinsella
Publication Date : January 27th 2008 by Dell

I actually am not really into chick-lit, but I was so bored at the other than and I needed some easy reading to improve my mood. I have known about this book for ages, but I haven't got the chance to read it.
Anyways, I ignored my book genre preferences and went on reading. To my surprised, I liked it and Confessions of a Shopaholic is my guilty pleasure! This book is totally hilarious. The story is quick and easy read, I finished the book within no time and yes, I'm looking forward to read the sequels.

Confessions of a Shopaholic is a story about a finance journalist named Rebecca (Becky) Bloomwood who was addicted to shopping. She couldn't walk pass a store without buying something and to me her addiction was kind of worrying and disturbing. I cannot imagine how it would end if there is a real life version of Becky, seriously! The appeal of the story is actually the irony between Becky's job and her addiction. As a finance journalist she should have a clue on what to do with her money. Not!

I think this book hits the nail on its head when it comes to women's fondness of shopping. I mean, is there any lady in this world who doesn't like fancy stuffs? Nope, we're crazy about them. When it comes to bags, shoes and dress I believe we can never have to many of them, so I can relate to Becky! *giggles*

What I don't like about this book is the ending. Just like I said, I am not familiar with chick-lit, so I don't know how it is the typical ending of it (does that make sense?). I expect it to be more unpredictable but since Confessions of a Shopaholic really made my day, I don't really care.

Big 4 rating from me (I'd give it 5 had I like the ending though).

Are you a fan of chick-lit?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...