I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Monday, February 6, 2017

Review : Harry Potter and The Cursed Child by John Tiffany & Jack Thorne

Title : Harry Potter and The Cursed Child (Harry Potter #8)
Author: John Tiffany, Jack Thorne
Publication date: July 31st 2016 by Arthur A. Levine Books

Raise your hand if this book seemed too good to be true to you! Well, in my case it did. At first, I was almost sure that it was a hoax made by the lunatic fan people. But heck, here it is. A book about characters that I miss oh so much.

I have to admit that even though Harry Potter doesn't belong in my childhood (because I read it when I'm an adult) nor I think that it's the best series ever (err.. I prefer ASOIAF but alright... alright, it's an idiotic comparison!) but somehow there's something (that I cannot pinpoint) in it that makes me miss it everyday. I wish I know about Harry's family, or whether Neville gets to reunite with his parents after all this years, yeah. Something like that.

The first thing I did when I started reading Harry Potter and The Cursed Child is to lower my expectation. Why? Because, it's a play, people. I am a novel kind of gal and I know nothing about a play. It's too fancy for me and I didn't expect myself to totally understand it. And yet, it amazed me. I enjoyed reading this book very much and I cannot describe how satisfied I am to finally get some news from those characters that I really miss.

This book is centered around Harry's son, Albus and Draco's, Scorpius. A very unlikely friendship indeed. Surprisingly, they get along very well and their cute lovely souls even manage to churn tears from my eyes.
Scorpius : All I ever wanted to do was to go to Hogwarts and have a mate to get up to mayhem with. Just like Harry Potter. And I got his son. How crazily fortunate is that?

Albus : But I am nothing like my dad.

Scorpius : You're better. You're my best friend, Albus.
How beautiful is that? I envy those boys, I really am. I wish I had that kind of friendship during my childhood. 
Snape : You need to run. I will keep them at bay for as long as I can.
Scorpius : Thank you for being my light in the darkness.
Snape looks at him, every inch a hero, he softly smiles.
Snape : Tell Albus -- tell Albus Severus -- I'm proud he carries my name. Now go. Go.
It's hard writing a review about a book you're desperately in love with. I am going to end this now. 5 rating for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Grab it now, if you haven't read it. It's really sweet, I promise you. I miss HP world so much it aches, reading Harry Potter and The Curse Child is like meeting an old beloved friend.  

Have you read Harry Potter books? Who are your favorite characters from the series? Tell us!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...