I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Monday, August 13, 2012

Review : False Covenant by Ari Marmell

Tittle : False Covenant (Widdershins Adventures #2)
Author : Ari Marmell
Publication date : June 26, 2012 by Pyr


I cannot tell you how happy I am being able to finally finish reading False Covenant . As I stated earlier in my previous post, I enjoyed the first book very much (read my review here), so when I noticed a sequel was released, I couldn't wait to get my hands (and eyes) on it.

Our super cool heroine Adrienne Satti a.k.a Widdershins is back! This time, her city Davillon was under attack by a mythical fairy tale creature who loved to roam around the town looking for prey. And as for prey, it means young children. Now, how disgusting is that! Since the whole town was still blaming her for the tragedy in the first book, Widdershins was an easy scapegoat for this case too. Now, she had to do all she could to clear her name, as well as to stop the creature's action.

Compared to the first book, I have to be honest that False Covenant is just way cooler! This story is still full of combat, rapier versus rapier kind of thing which I find to be good. I like how the author keeps on filling it with humor. Marmell just know how to make his readers laugh without turning his writing into a real comedy. Everything is in the right amount and this include the romance.

Now, let's talk about the characters! I enjoyed them all, even the monster! He's a cool monster, by the way. In this book, I didn't find any back story at all, so if you would love to understand more about the plot, I recommend you to read the first book first. I personally read series in order, but I know some people just pick whichever books they like. So,yes, if you read the the first book, then you should be able to give it fairer judgement.

I have to say that my opinion on this series stays the same. I. Love. This. Series. Looks like the author has prepared the next installments for Widdershins Adventure, I'm keeping my finger crossed that they'd more and more exciting!

5 rating for False Covenant. I recommend this book for readers who look for something different in young adult literature. If you only read adult fiction, it is also suitable for you because this book falls in between, it fits for both age group.

Now, over to you, have your read this series? What's your opinion on it?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...