I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Review : Promise Me A Rainbow by Cheryl Reavis

Tittle : Promise Me A Rainbow
Author : Cheryl Reavis
Publication date : May 21, 2012 by Bell Bridge Books
Source : NetGalley

Promise Me A Rainbow got me interested as soon as I read the description in NetGalley. I was so in the mood for a good romance novel and to me, it looked like the kind of book I was looking for. I mean, look at the tittle, doesn't it sound poetic?

Thirty-two-year-old Catherine Holben was deserted by her husband because she couldn't give him a baby. Now, how cruel is that? Still struggling with heartache, Catherine worked as a teacher and consultant for pregnant teens (which I find to be an irony, but it only proves that Catherine is a strong character). One day Catherine browsed in a shop, her eye caught the statue of mother and child gnomes and her life suddenly changed.

I can't wait to tell you that I love Reavis's writing style. She knows how to create strong characters as of they're real persons. She also rocks in writing dialog, and the dialog is my favorite part of the book, actually. Catherine Holben is an impressive character, she's so believable. Her attitude really fits her job and I like they way she deals with her students. Of course, I am also fond of how she deal with her ex-husband *winks*.

Promise Me A Rainbow is a very realistic story. I enjoyed every part of it, however as I reached the end I found myself wanting more explanation, something like how the main antagonist deal with the story's conclusion. They were kind of annoying, so I wanted to know about it so bad. Since the ending is kind of predictable as well, it convince me that this story has something missing. Yes, the book may meant to be an easy and quick read, but I think a little twist and turn here and there wouldn't hurt, well just to make it more engaging.

Having said that, I still think that Promise Me A Rainbow to be a worthy read. If you are a romance fan, I bet you'd enjoy it as much as a quick read lovers would. I rate this book 4, if only there's more complexities in the story, I'd give it 5 without a doubt.

Have you read other books by Cheryl Reavis?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...