I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Thursday, May 4, 2017

World's Book Day Mini Book Haul

As a bookworm, I consider myself lucky because my birthday is on the World's Book Day (April 23). How neat can that be? Now you can ignore those sentences because who cares about my birthday, anyway. I am not talking about it, so let's talk about books instead as we usually do.

That morning, I got this email from Scoop (an app where you can buy books, newspaper, magazines) offering for discounts to celebrate World's Book Day. I love discounts and what I love the most about it is many the books become dirt cheap. At least the ones I selected were. And gosh, the books which I have been coveted for years were available too!


So, I bought a half dozen of them. They're not my typical go-to books, but I lately I crave for something different. It has been a long time since I last read Indonesian literary fiction and I am so ready to have a happy reunion with it. Here they are, don't ask me what they're about because I haven't read them yet *scoffs*

Seperti Dendam, Rindu Harus Dibayar Tuntas (Eka Kurniawan)
Currently reading it. I fell in love with Eka Kurniawan's Cantik Itu Luka and I want to read all of his works. His witty and often vulgar writing style was a little unusual for Indonesian literature but, yeah, I am an offical fan. Let's see if I am still a fan-girl after I read this one.

Canting (Arswendo Atmowiloto)
Eversince I read Gadis Kretek, I am longing for other stories about traditional business people who get knocked out by modernization. This book is a recommendation by Goodreads, let see if Goodreads really understands me my taste.

Entrok (Okky Madasari)
Entrok means bra. As an Indonesian, it's a new vocab for me, maybe it's Javanese? I am not sure. The blurb says it's a story about 2 women, I don't know other details. This has been on my most-wanted list for sometime because I can't find it on bookstores anymore.

Semusim dan Semusim dan Lagi (Andina Dwifatwa)
I bought this because I like the goldfish on the cover. I don't know what it's about either because I didn't care to read the blurb. It's kind of too complicated for a glance.

Di Tanah Tabu (Anindita S. Thayf)
Another cover lust. I have a thing about a little girl with curly hair (because my daughter have curly hair). A novel set in Papua, have no idea about the plot (yet). But I know some readers are raving about it, I hope it's worth it.

Lampuki (Arafat Nur)
Ha, the last but not least is Lampuki. Set in *gasp!* my hometown Aceh, is a good reason to buy it. Nah, this one is not coverlust, it's too... what's the opposite of delicate? Ah yes, crude. Too crude, but since it's a story about war or chaos, I think it'll do. Can't wait to read this, because gosh! I miss my hometown.

* * * * *

Enough about me. I'd like to know about you! Does your favorite bookstore/bookish apps give discounts often? What is your recent book purchase?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...