I'm currently on hiatus. Will be back soon :)

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

I Think I Have Outgrown Fantasy

I never thought I would feel this way, actually. I rarely check new releases on fantasy recently. It's not that I don't like it anymore but as I grow older my reading preference changes and this might be the case. My hearts used to race whenever I see new fantasy books. I had this feeling of wanting to read them all, no matter how long the series are.


Not anymore.

I could not care less about the newest fantasy books. I am super picky now that dragons and wizards won't really catch my attention as easily as before. I am kind of grumpy because they are not as much fantasy for adults around (or do I have to search for them harder?) Most of them are for young adult and as I have said before, I am not into young adult books.

*Shrugs*

You know, back into my teenage years, I was a crazy romance reader. I love the tales about men and women finding their true love, especially ones that are filled with comedy. I read tons of those Harlequin romance during high school, while my friends were reading Harry Potter which I didn't read until two years ago. I am weird, I know and I even have the strangest book craving.

I have outgrown fantasy (and romance) obviously. What if I outgrown other genres too and I have less and less genres to choose from. I hope this is only temporary and I am glad I live in a modern world where we have a big population on talented authors. As long as they never run out of ideas, I will always have something to read, right?

Now, what about you? Do you have any genre that you used to love but now seems less interesting? What do you do to keep your reading passion alive? Please share!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...